Monday 5 March 2018

Building - An Infinity City



Future City

Its been a really slow start to the year hobbywise and for that I must apologise.   
I am currently working on some more models to add to my VSF Prussian army and also have had a delivery of models for Gangs of Rome which I am looking forward to doing.  

Anyway in order to add some content I thought it would be nice to share a few pictures of the futuristic city I have.

The plan when I started building this was to use it for both games of Infinity and Judge Dredd and other 2000 AD related stories.

There is still more that I can do to this to make it come alive, small scatter terrain and street furnishings, civilians in their multiples and neon signage are all considerations and something that I may come back to at a different time. 



I have tried to use a limited palette on the buildings and add most of the vibrate colours through the addition of futuristic vehicles.

The addition of stairways to higher levels of the gaming table has caused some really tense moments as they form choke points that can be hard to attack and easy to defend.













9 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really impressive! What company made the terrain??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the windshield effects on the vehicles. Are those basically custom decals, or hand painted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John. The windshields are just hand painted stripes of grey with small white and coloured dots. I was aiming for an effect of the city being reflected off them. The gloss varnish I used to finish them went on a bit thick in places unfortunately.

    Most of the terrain is produced by a company called Miniature Scenery.

    Hope that helps.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang nice work!! Did you create the tiered effect using pink stuff/blue stuff foam levels? Just getting into this genre, so now I know what my city terrain should look like!

      Delete
  4. The different levels are all made from MDF terrain tiles sold by Wargames Scenery. I’m sure it would probably be cheaper to do them in foam but I guess it depends on how much you value your time.

    There are so many good terrain options out there these days. I think a good result could be achieved by mixing a few different companies products and then adding your own scratch-built features.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning table set up.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete,

      I’m looking at the possibility of doing some bases of civilians to add some more variety to the low level cover.

      Delete